Friday, July 11, 2008

Our Cincinnati Vacation: The Newport Aquarium/RiverShore



Day 2 we went down to the Riverline. Newport, Kentucky is on the other side of the Ohio River. We went to the Aquarium (it was all right) the best part was as soon as Marin got inside and saw the fish she went crazy "Oohhh! Uhhhhh! It was so funny - we knew when she saw the animal/fish because she would get all excited and start talking. She rode in the backpack so she could see everything!

After the aquarium, where Mom & Dad even pet a few sharks, we had lunch at Johnny Rockets. I am sure that many of you love Johnny Rockets but frankly the waiting was crazy and the food was expensive but we were starving and well, lets just say that even Hattie said, "I wish we could have just gone to In and Out Burger". We all wished that!

After our lunch we braved the walk over the Purple People Mover Bridge (behind Hattie and I in the shot above) back to Cincinnati. It was pretty hot but I really needed to walk off my milkshake, burger, and fries so no matter! Hattie did great - Marin fell asleep. We ended up grabbing a couple of geocaches along the way too. On the Cincinnati side we we stopped and saw the Cincinnati Reds stadium, and Cincinnati Bengals Arena. As we were walking we came across this public play fountain which even had lifeguards. We rolled up Hattie's skirt and she played in it too! That was pretty fun - I wish we had those in Toledo. After all that we headed back to our hotel for a nap and then a late dinner at LaRosa's - very good pizza. We loved it!!

No comments: