Tuesday, June 17, 2008

When Morgan is Gone - We will Play, Eat Out, and Stay Up Late!

Well, Morgan went camping with the ward YM this week. So we are having a girls week which translates to very little cooking, swimming a lot, watching girl movies, and general loofing around!!

Monday, we went to the pool and yes, I got sunburned, of course! I had forgotten how easy it is to get burned when it is overcast and you forget to lotion up the part of your back that you can't reach! I guess I will have to start having Hattie apply the sunscreen! If Morgan hadn't taken the camera I would have taken a picture of my sunburn back (you would see where I missed). After the swimsuit picture I figure maybe I am a little exhibitionist, so why not! That night we ordered pizza and stayed up late watching Hannah Montana. Morgan is so sad he is missing this!

Tuesday, we went to swim lessons, stayed for free swim (yes - lots of people commented on my burn, "wow - that has to hurt" no kidding. Then we had pizza for lunch - yum! We spent the afternoon reading and resting. For dinner we met up with a friend for dinner at Red Robin where Marin ate three whole slices of cantaloupe - that was her whole dinner! Then we came home and Marin crashed. Hattie and I stayed up and made cookies and read some books. Hattie has now read 13 of those Rainbow fairy books. I could not sleep - the burn - I know I am complaing!

Wednesday, we went and reran some lines for Hattie's commercial, went shoe shopping for Marin and had a picnic lunch in the house cause it was too cold! Hattie had her last ballet class so I thought I would put Marin in the YMCA childcare. She did wonderful until I peeked in to check on her - I know I am NOT supposed to do that - I then I heard screaming. Home for leftover pizza - amazing home far a pizza can go for one adult and two kids and then off for VT! I love the people I visit teach I just dread taking my kids! the spiritual thought is always peppered with "Mom, is it almost time to leave - Marin don't eat that plant - Hattie, stay away from the cat - Marin! No! Marin - No - that is cat food, dog food, grass (feel free to put anything in here!)".

3 more days to go!

3 comments:

M2 (Melissa) said...

Sounds like fun. Next time I will plan my visit around the scout camp stuff Morgan is doing. I wish I was with you. Love, Mom

Jennifer said...

Your sad and lonely week w/o your hubby sounds like a dream come true! Isn't it fun to have daughters?? I wish I was there, too. You are such a fun, cool mom. Hattie and Marin are lucky!

Kim Tafua said...

Wow how much fun are you having!!! Usually my dream is when Nephi's gone WITH the kids. I guess that's because I'm the one home with the kids having a party every day. Nephi's always gone. Although with this new job he's home a little more than before BUT, sometimes it's as if he's till not here... fun times!