Friday, June 13, 2008

Marin the Monkey/Hattie the Reader

I have been away from the blogging for awhile so I have to catch up! We went camping this week so watch for that post. Just an update on the girls!

Marin has become a monkey and it is making me crazy. She uses our couch
for her personal jungle gym. She loves to climb on the couch and then up the back of it. She can now climb and get stuck, on the ladder, the stairs, the couch, the ottaman, our kitchen chairs, etc. It makes for some frustrating cries from her but laughter from the rest of us. She has fallen quite a bit but she will survive I am sure. It is pretty funny to watch her grow change. She is still napping twice a day and getting up at 5:30 am - I know it is insane. She is happy and I have to admit so cute! She will be 11 months old next week - I can't believe it! She seems little for her age but it has been so long that we had a upcoming toddler that I just don't know. I will be interested to hear how tall etc she is at her appt in July compared to Hattie. For some reason I always look forward to making sure they have grown! P.S. No, she not completely bald there is a little fair hair on her head - but mostly she is bald still!

Manhattan has become the most amazing reader! Yes, if you know me this is my
thing to brag about (some would say!). She can now read chapter books - she has been reading the Rainbow Magic Fairy books and is moving into the Magic Tree House series. We have noticed that she is a good reader and can read fairly well until she comes to a new word. She can blow through one of the Rainbow Fairy books in about an hour -when we realize that we decided we needed to find more books. I am so grateful for the library system here - I can get anything I want for her to read. Here is a picture from our camping trip -she read the whole two hours there and back and then whenever we were resting at the campsite - she was at it again!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Good for Hattie! What a blessing to have a child who loves to read--comes by it honestly! With you guys as parents, could she be any other way?? We miss that little girl!