Thursday, May 15, 2008

It is Digital Scrapbooking!

I have gotten a lot of questions about the pages I have been posting. They are digital scrapbook pages - if you look at my friend's Marisa Brown's page she has some amazing pages as well as information about doing digital scrapbooking.

I use the free program scrapbook flair that you can download at www.scrapbookflair.com
I have gathered extra background, embellishments etc from anywhere they are free www.freedigitalscrapbooking.com
www.shabbyprincess.com


I download them and then manipulate them through the scrapbook flair program. I think my friend Marisa using Adobe Photoshop. When I have them done for the year I will download the files to a photo site like winkflash, shutterfly etc and print out the book for the year.

I am still doing Marin and Hattie's books with paper but all the pages you see on the blog will become our 2008 family album and then I will print the ones that are for the girls separately and slip them into their albums.
Winkflas, shutterfly etc have sales periodically on the photo books so that is when to jump on it! Hope this helps some! I really have starting loving the digital scrapbooking. The pages you see on my blog are my 1st attempts. You just have to play around with it!

3 comments:

Ryan and Tracy said...

Wow! Speaking of how quickly children grow, your two little ones aren't so little anymore! I can't believe Hattie is starting school! I love the new hair color - I think it brings out a lot of color in your face. The scrapbook pages are great! I may have to check them out.

CANDACE said...

do you think it takes more or less time to do the digital scrapbooking? i've only sat down once in the past 3 years to do any & i didn't get much done at all. :(

Maria said...

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU Melissa. I'm definitely going to look into that! 'Preciate the info. :)