Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Mother's Day Part 2

Manhattan was very excited about Mother's Day this year. She had read a Franklin book about choosing a gift for moms. She was very excited - she choose to draw a portrait of our family. She wanted to make a popsicle stick frame. Morgan bought the supplies and they made it one morning. She could hardly not tell me. At one point she asked me if I ever looked in Dad's drawers - I said no. She told me not to look in them until after Mother's Day. Then it was "Do you have any reason to pull out the pool or look on top of it before Mother's Day. Do you think the gift/card was maybe hidden in Dad's drawers and on the pool box? Hum!!

Then on Saturday she said, "Mom, do you smell peppermint patties?", No. "Would you be sad if we didn't buy you peppermint patties for Mother's Day?" Everytime she did one of these hinting/not telling things I text Morgan. We both laughed about how she tries to keep stuff a secret but in the end practically tells the whole secret. It was pretty funny!

Anyways - it was a great Mother's Day for me - I hope you all had a good day too!!

Be watching - I will try to get the pictures posted of Marin helping in the planting of the garden today - you can imagine how that went!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The girls look so cute. I love it. You were like Manhattan when you were little. You were always making me things and hiding them just dying to tell me about them. I love you and thank you again for the beautiful flowers. I also appreciated the email Morgan sent. He is a good man and son. I love you, Mom xoxoxo