We have been keeping our winter busy and happy! We have all been disappointed that it has not been more snowy! Only one school cancellation but it also has not been too cold - taking the good with the bad! We haven't even been able to go sledding this year!
Monday, February 8th
Maxwell celebrated the 100th day of kindergarten with his wonderful friends! He loved it! I didn't get a close up of him and his shirt! He LOVES the shirt we made him - it has 100 droids (R2D2 & BB8) on the front but the best part is the two robots Maxwell drew. I need to get a picture of him and his shirt! He loves it!!
Meanwhile Manhattan spent the day at Southview High School (where she will start next year!) competing in the Southview Science Olympiad Invitational. She competed in four areas - Bridges, Crave the Wave, Crime Busters, and Experimental Design. She and her teammates placed 1st in Crime Busters, 5th in Experimental Design, and 5th in Crave the Wave. Her team, Arbor Hills Junior High School placed 4th place overall.
It was a big win for them to take right here so they were so excited!!! I can't tell you how much I love and appreciate her coach, Anna Drake. She puts so much extra time and energy into these kids and these invitationals. This is the third one they have gone to! There is one more next weekend and then it is on to Regionals. If they can come in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th they will be going to the State Science Olympiad Tournament at OSU in April. Coming in 4th at this Invitational gave them all hope!
Tuesday, January 26th
A couple weeks ago, we took our Girl Scouts to a painting studio. I was not sure how this would work out - there is 19 of them and that can be quite crazy! They had a fabulous time and they were really great! The owner was awesome with the girls and they loved it! Marin really enjoyed it! I didn't get a picture of her final painting :(Just some snapshots of the people I love the most! They are all crazy and they make me a little crazy but I love them!





No comments:
Post a Comment