Monday, February 09, 2015

Family Fun Day

We decided to make our Saturday a Family Fun Day - the week has been a little crazy!  Morgan started his new job, Grandma Annie left, we had one canceled school day, and three delay starts!  Too many nighttime activities etc!  That just added up to much needed family time!

We started our morning at Home Depot - the kids loved this and it is so much more manageable now that they are all older!  I am not sure I am a fan off painting the projects at Home Depot and then hauling them home wet?!

Our next stop was Pizza Hut to use Marin's book-it coupons!  Yummy!  I think Pizza Hut is stepping it up a notch - yummy!


Then on to our big "new" of the day - we took the kids ICE SKATING!  Morgan and I know how to skate - enough to not break anything!!  We were pleasantly surprised how well they all did!  Manhattan has been skating a few times so she just needed some warming up and she was off!  She is very at ease when she skates - just enjoying the ride! Marin was terrified - she was wobbling and scared she would fall - but she got it and did a great job!  She was so happy to have figured it out! Maxwell did an amazingly well - he does know how to roller skate pretty good so I think that helped but he was not on the wall long and he was going around!  He did fall quite a bit but he would just get up!!  It was a lot of fun and we crossed off something we had been wanting to try with the kids this winter!

No comments: