We hurried home from the temple and picked up Maxwell and Marin from Aunt Lindsey's house. We changed our clothes and quick drove up to our favorite tree farm - Matthes Tree Farm. We only have one Santa that we love and we didn't want to miss a chance to see him!!
The kids are always so happy and relaxed to see him every year. The line was not long so we did not have to wait too long! Maxwell jumped in first - he was ready to request an Arctic Polar Lego Set. Marin jumped in with a huge list of art supplies for the art kit she wants for Christmas. Manhattan, always patient, offered up the request for a surprise gift!? Not sure what that will be!
We wandered around their beautiful tree farm - it was actually a pretty nice day so we didn't have to bundle up. Every year we wander and pick our favorite tree - nope, we don't cut it down - we admire it, take a picture, and climb back into our car. I would like to say we are tree huggers or that we believe in never harming a tree but the truth is - I like a clean house, we like our trees up right after Thanksgiving, and real trees are EXPENSIVE! We bought our fake tree for $100 in '98 so we are going on 16 years. That is about $6.25 a year!
So we are happy with our fake tree, real wreathes, and pine roping!
I love Christmas, my favorite part of decorating is the warm feeling that all the lights give in our home! I love sitting by the tree in the dark!
Hope you are having a great holiday season - stop and enjoy the lights!

1 comment:
Your house looks gorgeous! I love your tree--Ethan talked us into colored lights this year (we usually do white lights and I love it! So fun and festive.
I LOVE your house, esp the rug. Can't wait to see it next summer! And I totally agree about the fake tree--I was a die-hard real tree person for years, but I finally saw the light and I love our fake tree! :)
Post a Comment