Saturday, October 05, 2013

Field Trips to Gust Brothers Farm

We LOVE Gust Brother's Farms!! 
 The best field trip that Maxwell's preschool takes is to Gust Brothers' Farm in Ottawa Lake, Michigan - the kids get to feed all the animals (cows, pigs, sheep, bunnies, and chickens), pick a pumpkin from the patch, ride a hayride, and run free through the farm area!  This farm is run by the Gust family and they are wonderful!  Every time we go - they are there.  Mr. Gust runs the farm tours, Mrs. Gust takes the kids to the pumpkin patch, and this year we met one of their grandchildren, a daughter-in-law, and a father-in-law.  
It is truly a family run business and we love visiting at least once a year!


This year the field trip was a a little wet but the kids did not seem to notice - we had to skip the hayride and we tried to keep the shoes clean but that was unreasonable really!  Maxwell, Felicity, and Mason had a great time - it was so funny to see them always together!  I especially love their faces when Morgan was trying to get pictures of them - cute kids!  Mason is the littlest in the red and he has become my best pal - recently when you try to snap his picture he does this squinty smile - super cute little turkey!

AFTER SCHOOL THE NEXT DAY:  The big kids knew we were going on the preschool field trip so we had to promise to take them the next afternoon - it was a big group - us, the Empies, the Mosquedas, and the Davis!  Manhattan fell in love with a bunny and begged us to let her take it home (I wanted to do this for her but NO WAY!) How crazy does she think I am?  It was sweet to see how she and Drew enjoyed the bunnies and she didn't have an allergy attack from it but NO WAY!  Can you tell I was not willing to cave on this one!


I got to be in the group shot - it was the only way to get Mason in the shot - again cute little turkey that he is!  We had quite the bunch - pretty much a big field trip ourselves!  I especially love the picture of Marin and I - she is so cute!  I love how loving she is - she really does enjoy being with everyone!

No comments: