Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

This year our good friend MJ sent a letter to the Easter Bunny requested that he come on Friday night/Saturday morning so that Morgan could celebrate with us and IT WORKED!  He showed up with a fabulous easter basket hunt and tons of great treats in our basket.  It was so fun!  Each of us had a clue as to where our basket was hiding.

Maxwell's clue said:  Are you stinky?  It is time for a bath (In the bathtub)
Marin's clue said:  Be quiet - the baby is sleeping.  Where does she like to sleep?  (In the doll crib)
Manhattan's clue said:  Are you hungry?  Take a peek where your favorite breakfast food is.  (It was in the pantry with the cereal)


I tried so hard to get one picture of them - I love these pictures from when I was a kid!  We always looked so trashed and simply happy!  So here is our attempt - love them!


While we were getting ready for the day following our binge of treats we opened the blinds and saw our backyard filled with eggs!  YEAH!  After we demanded they put on shoes, the kids tore outside (shopping bags in hand - note to self - I need a better plan than that!) and found lots of eggs!  We even found some eggs opened and eaten by our neighborhood cats (I hate stray cats - yuck!).  The pictures turned out crazy and kind of blurry - imagine us running around in our pjs with Kroger bags instead of lovely baskets and freezing just a bit!  :)

After a huge amount of sugar for all we pulled it together!  I cleaned, Morgan went home teaching, and the kids played happily!  Manhattan decided she wanted to plan a scripture egg hunt for the Elders when they came for dinner too!  She worked super hard and it was amazing!  They had to answer 10 questions about the death and resurrection of Christ and if the got it right they got the clue to the next egg.  If they did not know they had to look it up in the scriptures!  It was really neat to see her take such an interest and do such an amazing job!  The missionaries were really impressed and in the end they each got a Easter treat bag from the kids (they all gave up a little candy from their baskets to make it - I was impressed with that!)

Such a great Easter fun day - I  think we may have this be our new tradition!  Now today is only about our Savior and his sacrifice for us!  I am so grateful for my beautiful family!  I am especially thankful for our Elder Brother and the sacrifice he made for us that we too may be resurrected and be a family in the eternities.  Some days are harder than others but I know that we can do it because we are not alone - never!  

Happy Easter everyone!  

P.S.  I will hopefully have one picture of them in their "Easter clothes" today - wish me luck!



No comments: