Monday, November 28, 2011

I LOVE my new kitchen!

Here it is - I LOVE my new kitchen!  Yes, I know I have a very small kitchen but I love it!  

This fall we were able to purchase a new fridge and oven (they were 19 years old and almond color).  Then my dad came out in October and he and Morgan built me a new top and bottom cabinet next to my oven - it was blank when we bought the house so we had a shelf that was a smidge too big causing the oven to stick out about 1/2 inch (just enough room for the kids to throw things back there).  Then they fitted new wood block counter tops, a new sink, and faucet!  Finally the back splash tiling was done this weekend - love how it turned out!  We need to get cabinet doors for the two new cabinets but then we will have to buy doors for all the cabinets to match - a project in the spring!  For the bottom cabinet I just made a tiered curtain to keep the kids out of that stuff!  The blue wall was there from a few years ago when we repainted and redid the floor!

Yes - we are decorated for Christmas - yeah!

Thanks Dad and Morgan for the tons if work they put into the kitchen - everyday I love working in it - that extra spot of counter space is so wonderful!!!  I love it!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Looks great! Wanna send Morgan and your dad my way?

The Houston Family said...

Looks good! I will stop complaining about my kitchen's lack of counter space!

Malie said...

Your kitchen is about as big as mine. Looks great!!

Chapman Family said...

That is SO cute!! And that ruffle curtain totally turned out adorable. Can't wait to see the new bathroom.