Thursday morning our visitors left - I am still a little bit sad. Manhattan and Marin were definetly sad and exhausted. It only took me an hour to clean up all the chaos but I sure miss the laughter and the girls around still after a couple days. It was crazy but SO worth it. We would have kept them for a few more days at least.
We tried to send Hattie to school Thursday but she got car sick and ended up getting "sick" at school before I even left the building (what is wrong with this girl?). She rested and caught up on her homework and was ready for school on Friday. We are still doing homework tonight but not too bad for missing a week of school!
Friday we went swimming afterschool and had yummy Handels ice cream with friends! Handels was the one thing we never fit in that we really want to do with our visitors! Yes, even in the snow I can find a spot for some ice cream especially peppermint!! Yum Yum!
Yesterday we had a busy day too! Manhattan and I went with her friend Lauren and her mom to the Nutcracker. Hattie was entranced - I was nodding off in the first act. I know it is appalling but I am a tired girl and that snow period goes on for a long time. Last night we had a GS activity so today is a much needed relaxing afternoon for everyone!
Can I say one more time that I love living in Ohio but I really miss my family - especially my nieces and nephews! Who is coming to visit next? Rachael & Megan & Ethan - Truman - Kaiya? We will take any of you and all of you! We love you!
I am so grateful to have a wonderful sister-in-law, Kim and brother-in-law, Nephi who shared their fabulous kids with us. Also to Grandpa Larry who sacrificed so Grandma Annie could come play and for Grandma Annie - just because she is so fabulous!! I really do have fabulous in-laws and I am forever grateful! I love you. I miss you Piper, Phoebe, and Paizlie!!
1 comment:
Sounds like you had tons of fun! My niece is coming to live with us for 8 months (No jobs where she lives and is trying to save $$$ to go to college in the fall) and I can't wait. I love having family visit.
Post a Comment