Tuesday, September 07, 2010

We love the Fulton County Fair!!


A perfect way to spend Labor Day - a trip to the Fulton County Fair!  I have not been to the fair since I was a teenager.  I remember the rides being bigger, the food look yummier, and the animals pens seemed cleaner - oh, the eyes of an child.

I have to admit it was a lot of fun!  The girls loved the animals - especially when the animals were talking - they were so noisy!!  Maxwell was entranced by the animals but terrified by the loud Zipper ride.  Every time we got close to that ride he got really agitated!  Manhattan could not stop asking when we were going to ride the Ferris wheel.  I asked her why she really wanted to go on the Ferris wheel (my least favorite carnival ride) - she said that in every book she read about country fairs the characters always ride the Ferris wheel!  So we did - Marin, Manhattan, and I rode the Ferris wheel while Dad &  Maxwell watched from the ground (lucky Dad!).

We spent the morning looking at all the animals, had a picnic lunch, and then finished the day with a ride on the Ferris wheel and had some yummy popcorn for the car ride home! 

The girls are already talking about going again next year!!

1 comment:

Sarah, Nick and Seth said...

How fun! Your scrapbook pages are soo soo cute. And your totally right about county fairs seeming so much more amazing back in the day! However, when I was pregnant with Seth I was craving greasy carnival food. Luckily it was fair season in utah. Poor Nick had to drive me half way around the state some days just to find a funnel cake or snow cone! LOL

HOw cute in Manhattan and her little reading mind wanting to go on the ferris wheel ... such a sweet girl you've got there!