Our ward family heard about this issue - we were overwhelmed by everyone's generous offers to borrow their cars. I have to admit that I have been touched over and over again by the people in our ward that have continually offered to give me rides, borrow a car, pick Morgan up for church in the early am, willing to fill in when I could not be somewhere. Really reminds me that our Heavenly Father knows our needs. I can't tell you how grateful I am for the people that have be so willing to help us out even when we have not always taken them up on the offers!
Anyways, we were hesitant to take anyone up on the offer a car, it is such a huge thing to borrow. The Regan family won out with persistance & we borrowed one of their extra cars. We had the car for a little over a month and decided we needed to return the car - we would be getting our car back soon anyways. We were so grateful that the Regans shared in the first place!
In the end, we did not get our car back just then so we just survived with just one car for awhile longer. Yes, it got a little crazy at times but Morgan started riding his bike back and forth to work and I was able to stay close to home, say no to some things, and walk many places with the kids when Morgan was at work. The kids have been terrific and never have complained that we could not do something or go somewhere.
So thank heavens for kind ward family members that ignore our "no" responses and do it anyway! Thank you Regan Family - your kindness is appreciated! It is so nice of them and was quite hilarious! We will get our car back this weekend but having another car will make the week easier!
2 comments:
Yeah! How super nice of them! It's wonderful to have a great ward family! :) I know we appreciate it!
Love those Regans, wish I had thought of it!
Carol
Post a Comment