Sunday, June 13, 2010

Roller Skates

Do you remember these from when you were kids?
I didn't know that they still made these kinds of roller skates. You know these - you wear your regular shoes and buckle the skates around them? Our neighbors, the Tschernes gave us two pairs that their kids had outgrown! Thank you for handing stuff down to us and thank you that it was TWO pairs of skates!

Marin and Manhattan both wanted to try the roller skates it so it worked out perfectly! Manhattan and I have gone rollerskating a couple times this last year so she is getting pretty good at it. Our sidewalks in our neighborhood are horribly bumpy and these skates don't roll super smooth but they loved it! They went up and down the sidewalks until they were too hot and we headed for the slip n' slide in back (yes, we had a slip n' slide when I was a kid too!).

No comments: