Thursday, May 27, 2010

Best News Ever! According to Manhattan

Today Manhattan came home with the new dress code for next year!
Her school wears uniforms (blue, yellow, white collared shirts & khaki/blue pants, skirts, and shorts) which I love! She was so excited because now they can wear any colored polo shirts! She said "Mom, it is the best news ever!" I have to agree that it will make getting ready for school more fun for her next year but I did love the easy shopping with limited choices! We took a few minutes and went online to see what colors we could find! She was so excited to see the greens, pinks, and reds that she has missed out on before! So if you see some cute polo shirts for good prices ($5-$7) give me a jingle! We have just a few days left of school - she is making due with what she has (all of her skirts are too short and her pants are more like high-waters!) She has recently decided that she only likes khaki shorts & pants but navy skirts & dresses. I just have to keep that straight when I am out shopping!
I am already thinking for the new school and she is so excited to start looking around!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay for Hattie! I think a dress code would be neat in a lot of ways. Have fun shopping!

The Houston Family said...

Yippeee! Kids need a little color in their life! As a teacher I liked unifors, as a mom, I would not be able to stand them. Kind of funny from me who is all about the no-fuss when it comes to clothes, but I sure like to see my girls looking cute!

Malie said...

Haha! Yes, to a little girl, that would be the best news ever. How cute. I laughed when I read your comment about me taking lots of pictures. It was funny to me because I had thought before the ceremony,"I need to take as many pictures because I know I will regret not taking as many as I can." In the end, there was only one picture I wasn't able to take and that was Tyler with his Webelos leader, and that was because our camera battery had died. Can't wait to see Manhattan's pictures for Brownies!