Maxwell is 8 months old!
This month he has survived strep throat, hand-foot-mouth disease (I know who gets that), a double ear infection, falling more times than I can count, and a ton of head knocks! He is moving fast, pulling himself up onto everything & everyone. He is growing out of his clothes fast but seems to be catching up with himself - stretching out and starting to look more like a boy!
This month he has survived strep throat, hand-foot-mouth disease (I know who gets that), a double ear infection, falling more times than I can count, and a ton of head knocks! He is moving fast, pulling himself up onto everything & everyone. He is growing out of his clothes fast but seems to be catching up with himself - stretching out and starting to look more like a boy!It is pretty difficult to make dinner with him hanging onto your legs or help the older girls with their baths while he sits on your legs. He loves water but tries to pull himself out of the bath on the shower curtain - never comes out well. He loves to help unload the dishwasher and groceries - most helpful! He has figured out how to push the bathroom door open - no more privacy for me! He loves riding in the wagon, the backpack, and on the swing. He is no more a fan of car trips but he tolerates them ok.
He eats everything except baby food - great! So I am learning how to feed him more grownup food without overdoing it. He is still a big nurser - I am so ready to be done - he is not! He will drink very little from the bottle and/or sippy cup. He loves water from his sippy cup so that is with every meal but no replacement to nursing. No teeth as of yet - we thought they were coming but the fussiness was ear infections.
He still is a crazy sleeper - just when I think he is sleeping better he flips! He sleeps 8 pm - 5 am but then I have to work to keep him asleep until 6 augh! I am working hard to get him on a schedule but it seems impossible with all that is going on in the rest of our family. I am ready to be out of this stage but I know I will miss it later!
We are looking forward to taking him camping this month and maybe some swimming too!
He eats everything except baby food - great! So I am learning how to feed him more grownup food without overdoing it. He is still a big nurser - I am so ready to be done - he is not! He will drink very little from the bottle and/or sippy cup. He loves water from his sippy cup so that is with every meal but no replacement to nursing. No teeth as of yet - we thought they were coming but the fussiness was ear infections.
He still is a crazy sleeper - just when I think he is sleeping better he flips! He sleeps 8 pm - 5 am but then I have to work to keep him asleep until 6 augh! I am working hard to get him on a schedule but it seems impossible with all that is going on in the rest of our family. I am ready to be out of this stage but I know I will miss it later!
We are looking forward to taking him camping this month and maybe some swimming too!
3 comments:
Only 5 more months until 13 months and then he might start sleeping. I must say that he is getting to one of my favorite baby stages.
He is such a doll, Melissa! It's so fun to watch your family grow through the blog!
You know how much we love this little guy, and he just gets cuter and sounds like he gets more fun all the time (fun for him, maybe not so much for you!) Last night Megan came into the living room and said, "Mom, seeing that baby (at church) made me think about Maxieeee!" and she whined out "Maxiee" with a big groan, like she was so sad that he was gone. I said, "I know...he's too cute!" We look at your kids' pics on our bulletin board all the time. I know this phase is so, so hard, but you are smart to take lots of photos and write stuff down--it goes on seemingly forever, then all of sudden, they're all in school and it comes to a halt. Which is nice, but bittersweet, too. Change is always hard! Hang in there--just think, it will never be as hard as it is now. If you can get through this year, the rest is downhill. (Physically, at least. Now emotionally, with two girls, that's another story that I won't burden you with right now... :)
Love ya!
Post a Comment