Thursday, December 24, 2009

The best laid plans! Not for the faint hearted!

So we had lots of fun things planned for when G & G were here! Swimming at the YMCA, going to the movies, baking cookies, etc and then . . . the stomach flu hit!

Manhattan was struck with it first on Tuesday morning. She missed sleeping over with her best friend - they had been planning it for a week! She ended up losing it while Grandpa was tending - he is our hero, he had it all cleaned up before Mom & Grandma got home. She ended up losing it once in the night and then feeling better yesterday.

Then it was Marin's turn. Early - early this morning and she was up and sick all night! She has thrown up twice this morning and is now napping! Grandma & I are doing laundry round the clock now!! We just can't stay on top of it before we have more to wash!

Let's hope that Maxwell and all the adults miss it but we will see what tomorrow brings. So instead of swimming or something else all together we take turns going out and turns staying in! Grandma & Grandpa took Manhattan out for some fun while I stayed home with Maxwell & Marin.

I will be laying down as soon as I finish this post!! We have plans for Christmas Eve - burritos for dinner, nativity making, and reading the Christmas story! We get to have Morgan home until 9 pm so we are excited about that! After the kids go to bed we still need to get finished up - adding ribbons to the wrapped packages, stuffing the stockings, and laying out for Santa! I am so glad to have my parents to help - what a blessing!

Merry Christmas to Everyone - I hope you are all healthier than my beautiful kids!

1 comment:

Laura said...

We are having a wonderful time, sick kids and all. It is wonderful being here and seeing our grandchildren and of course, Melissa and Morgan. They are mostly well and very happy. It snowed the other day adding to the beauty of it all. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! Love, Grandma Laura and Grandpa Neal