Thursday, July 09, 2009

Sewing Skirts/Baby Blankets

While I was at my parents house I made the girls a skirt each - Manhattan picked out the cherry fabric and that was all she wanted to wear the rest of the trip for all church activities!


My mom made this adorable quilt for Baby M5. She used a small portion of the fabric (the center squares) from Manhattan's baby room (then I can use the crib skirt and accessories from her room), some cute animals, banana print, blue & green stripes, and some yellow polka dots. She also made a cute pillow too -I still need to stuff that!

Getting that done got me more excited to get the baby some stuff! I am not sure he will have a "nursery" when he comes home from the hospital since Marin is not out of her crib but that is ok!! While I was at my mother-in-laws house we crashed some Ross, Marshalls, and TJ Maxx and found a lot of fun Carters jungle print baby stuff!!

The next two are flannel quilts that my mom makes - I love these - they are the best for swaddling babies and I love to swaddle our babies! The blankets are flannel back to back and embroidered around the edges!


Manhattan and I ended up making the bottom blanket. We picked this snuggly fleece that matches the baby quilt that Grandma made for the baby - she loved making it for the baby - she is excited for him to use it I think!

No comments: