Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Little Hint of Crafty-Ness

So I was running through some fun sewing blogs - not because I can sew very well but because I wish I could. I came across a website with cute easy projects and decided to dedicate a little too much time to make some cute burp cloths for some friends that I have that are having babies this summer/fall.

Total there are 3 baby girls, and 3 baby boys coming this fall plus our baby boy who needs something that is not pink - even if it is just to spit up on! So after too many hours - but time I really enjoyed - this is the final results - 22 burp cloths - I only took pictures of each kind - I did a couple of each fabric! I also did some simple ones with just ribbons and rick rack.

I kind of wish we were having a girl, these are my favorite (the pink flowers and colored circles) of the girl ones. I used leftover fabric from the matching skirts I made the girls and I last spring! So cute! It will be hard to give them up!

As for the boy ones - I like the ribbon ones and the farm ones the best! Hattie loves the puppy print and bones ones! I love the rick rack - Morgan commented this morning that "boys don't need rick rack - they need barb wire". I had to laugh! Boys may not need the cutsy stuff but the moms of the boys like it!

Overall I think they turned out cute. Makes me want to gather up more fabric and rick rack and keep sewing. I may have a hard time parting with any of them - just kidding!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Super cute Melissa! My friend gave me some burp cloths like this -- they are by far my favorite thing. LOL. I know ... atleast my baby will burp in style :)

Alissa said...

where did you get the clothes? My RS presidency wants to make these for the women who have babies in our ward, but the ones at wal-mart are very thin. someone said after you wash them, they become thicker. i was just wondering what you thought and where you get yours?

they are so darling!