Saturday, May 16, 2009

I had a wonderful mother's day!

Well I guess you know how busy the week has been if I am just now writing about Mother's Day! One of the YW in our ward has been staying off and on with us so that has been fun but it keeps things a little more busy! Manhattan also had a field trip to the farm - I will post those pictures soon I hope!

Manhattan was so excited for Mother's day this year - she had made gifts at school so i got something Friday (a planted marigold in a decorated pot) a gift on Saturday, cause she could not wait to give it to me (a poem/story that she wrote) and a gift on Sunday (lego flowers that she and Morgan glued together so I could keep them forever!).

Morgan ended up working until 10 pm on Saturday night and then he went grocery shopping for Sunday. Manhattan and Morgan wanted to do breakfast in bed on Sunday but that doesn't work well when I get up first and we leave for church at 8 am. When I woke there were tulips in the living room and an orchid in the kitchen from Morgan as well as a gift card to go out to dinner later in the week (which we haven't got to use because of our busy week!).

After church Hattie insisted that I take a nap (which I needed) and they made breakfast for dinner - my favorite! Manhattan had prepared a menu - colored the whole sheet of paper and wrote out the menu (see below). After she woke me and I looked at the menu she read me some Mother's Day books. She also had a flower necklace and card she had made at church for me! She was so cute! Morgan had me sit at the end of the table so he could take care of Marin during dinner which she was not happy with. After dinner they did the dishes and I had to relax. It was so nice! I had a great Mother's Day!

Thanks to my family for a wonderful Mother's Day!!

2 comments:

Maria said...

so, so sweet. I love the menu! Glad you had a great Mother's day...

Smitty said...

Glad you had a great Mother's Day!! And ... not to horn in, but since it worked last time I think I'll ask. Hattie, how 'bout sending me some of that Entree? I love French Toast. Just pack it up and send it to me! :-)

Uncle Derrick