Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Happy 36th Birthday Daddy!
Today Morgan turns 36 - I think he is a little self conscious of getting older - I think it has to do with the fact that we remember when our parents were this age. That is a little crazy. So he says this morning - "only 20 years and then I qualify for a senior citizen", my only response was "that is good, we could use the discounts".

I have decided that I am not a great birthday planner - sometimes it just sneaks up on me and I hate that! My big plan for his birthday day this year was the ultrasound, a nap for him, a academic placement meeting for Hattie (big fun), dinner, and a movie but we did the movie last night. So we had the baby ultrasound, I am hoping he is taking a nap while I write this. Our meeting is afterschool. As for dinner - I am still planning on that - probably Red Robin - kind of our tradition and then home for Lemon Meringue Pie (no I did not make it, I can hardly spell it!) Morgan always requests pie for his birthday and I am always grateful for the yummy Marie Callendar pies! I am not the pie baker his mom is!

As for big birthday surprises - wasn't a boy enough?!?!? Manhattan and her friend Lauren made him the biggest card ever and decorated a frame for his work locker room. I was planning on dragging him out to get a new suit but he is not too willing - he wears a suit every Sunday and he rotates through the same two since Hattie was born - it is time! We will still have to work on that. Shopping for birthdays get harder as you get older and realize you don't need anything, nor do you want any more "things" to fill and already small house. We are planning on taking a couple summer trips in July & August and that will use up any and all birthday money - I am looking forward to that!

Oh - on a side note - we took Manhattan (and Marin) to see A Night At The Museum last night and it was pretty good. We all enjoyed it and Marin made it through until the very end.

All I can say is happy birthday to my wonderful husband. Thank you for all your patience and love. Thanks for being a great husband and sidekick! I have to say thanks to his parents who raised a great man and I am forever grateful for their love and support they give to both of us. I have the best in-laws in the world - you may think you do but you are wrong - I really do!! They raised an amazing man and are now guiding us along the way to be great parents! Thank you Marianne and Larry! Just had to post a baby picture too! I think Marin looks like him?


No comments: