We are getting ready for our annual spring trip to the west coast - Manhattan did a countdown chain and we take off a piece every month. I am grateful to have great parents who let us ome play at their house for two weeks and this year they will be kenneling their dog because of Hattie increasing allergies. Also for my inlaws who share rooms and squeeze everyone around to let us visit and totally disrupt their schedules and life! We are so looking forward to it!
YW is keeping me very busy! I love it and I love the girls but it has added a lot to my schedule - weekly presidency meetings and our Wednesday night meeting seem to have added a lot to our life! This week we will open a time capsule that I did when I was a young woman - in 1993!! I am not sure i am ready to share everything with them but it will be pretty funny!
I am so grateful for my OBGYN. When I went in for my yearly checkup and she asked it I had any concerns - I said, "yeah the ten lbs I have held onto this winter" She laughed out loud and said not to worry. I appreciate her cander and her ability to remind me that a) I will lose it over the summer and b) not as important as other things. After all it is Girl Scout Cookie time - not a good time to be thinking weight loss!
Morgan and I went on a date on Friday night - we went early, ate out and it was yummy, stopped and got a movie, came home, got the kids in bed, and watched our movie. I am sure the movie was very good - Get Smart with Anne Hathaway and Steve Carrell (if you have any reviews, please comment on it) but I could not stay awake. I never totally fell asleep but I nodded off a couple times. So what does this say about me - I am so old or I am just a dud!
Speaking of being tired - WHAT is with Marin? She goes to bed at 8 pm and is up between 5:15-5:45 am! Yes, that is what I said BEFORE 6 AM! I am a morning person but this is crazy - maybe this is why I fall asleep around 9:30. She is up and going, I have tried snuggling with her, making her cry, bringing her to our bed. I will get about 15 minutes of quiet and then she is ready to go! WHAT is up with her!
Speaking of Marin, Hattie asked the other day "Why does Marin even have a room, she only plays in my room with my toys?" It is so true - Marin has lots of fun toys but she still chooses to play in Hattie's room with her toys - it cracks me up! It drives Hattie crazy sometimes but it is good for her. She has had her room and her own stuff too long - she will need to adjust to the "sharing" soon enough I am sure!
Lastly, I am so grateful for my husband. Yesterday morning we had a baptism in our ward. We were all up early and I was showered and ready. As Morgan and Marin showered I ran upstairs to make my bed and I CRAWLED right in! 45 minutes later Morgan came up and said that he thought I had better stay home and rest! I was so tired! I think sometimes we go - go - go and then we crash! Well, yesterday I crashed! Today I feel better and I was ready to go to church and be mom again! I am so grateful to my husband that let me rest and sleep and took care of me! I really needed that break! Sometimes naps are really good for us!
So there just some mumbling about my world! Speaking of naps - both my girls crashed today (I hoping Hattie is not getting sick - she never naps!) so I have some quiet time for blogging so I wil be checking all of your blogs for your mumblings! Just a few Marin photos to make everyone smile!
4 comments:
if it makes you feel any better, we saw get smart at the drive in, and i fell asleep, 1/3 of the way in. haven't bothered to watch the rest & i really love steve carell.
also, hooray for naps.
and thank you thank you thank you for bringing by my forgotten cookies! had i left them anywhere else but church they would have been devoured instead of re-delivered to me. :)
Hmm! Remember when you passed out in the bathroom in Hale 1?! You need to slow down once in awhile! Cute cross stitches!
Don't worry, I struggle to make it past 9:30pm these days! It makes me feel quite old...
A nap sounds like heaven right now (started back at work this week). If it makes you feel any better, I can't remember the last movie we rented that I did NOT fall asleep in.
Post a Comment