Just a little post-holiday survey fun!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper and curly ribbon2. Real tree or artificial? We have an artificial but I miss the days of "the great Christmas Tree Hunt".
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving after Black Friday shopping!
4. When do you take the tree down? Around New Years - this year I am ready to do it now - our house is just too little for all the extra stuff!
5. Do you like eggnog? I like eggnog with 7-up - no one else in my house drinks it - I get it all to myself!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I think the wooden cradle my dad made me - now my girls play with it!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? What a silly question - I have about a dozen. I help with our stake nativity festival every year. This year I got the expanded Little People set - love playing with my girls!
8. Hardest person to buy for? I have forgotten now - the day before Christmas next year I will let you know!
9. Easiest person to buy for? My girls - they love everything!
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't think of anything!
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? I mail cards/newsletters and I do it early and then I enjoy getting everyone else's throughout the season!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas - for the last two years I have watched it with Manhattan. I started watching it alone this year, I turned it off because I got a little weepy. I miss watching it with my mom!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Since our families live far away I do most of my shopping in fall and then I do catch up with our little family after Thanksgiving! This year I have to admit I had to run out on Christmas Eve to finish up the girls!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Anything - I feel that I have a free pass for snacking and I do it!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored lights on the tree - white lights on the house!
17. Favorite Christmas song? I Am Dreaming of A White Christmas, Santa Baby, Away In A Manger, all primary Christmas songs! Oh well - too many to list
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home - sometimes I regret this but we are happy to avoid the mess at the airports!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? No - can't remember unless I am singing it!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Red Punched Tin Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? This year we opened the Little People Nativity on Christmas Eve. We were supposed to open the matching pjs but I forgot and then when I remembered I couldn't find them.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? How early everything gets put out (come on, October - really) and how quickly the stores take it all down - give me a day or two after Christmas to enjoy the festivities!
23. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme? Crazy and Eclectic - this year Marin helped a lot so the bottom is pretty messed up!
24. What did you do on the day after Christmas? It was icy and nasty. Morgan had to work. The girls and I ran out for a few errands - we were slipping and sliding everywhere!
25. What is the best part of Christmas? I enjoy all the happy music and festive attitudes!
No comments:
Post a Comment