Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Letter fromThe President

No matter what your political issues are - this is cool!

Back in October Manhattan had an homework assignment to find and write a few facts about President Bush and then draw a picture of him. It is hard to see the picture but she drew a picture of herself and President Bush as well as their two dogs - Mrs. Beasley & Barney. She wanted to mail her picture to him. So we did and today we received a letter from the White House. Included with the letter was a picture of President Bush throwing out the first ball at a baseball game. The letter was addressed to Manhattan - it is hard to read the letter but if you click on it you can read most of it!
Hattie received this in the mail and was so excited - she wants to get it framed and hang it in her room! She could not wait to call her dad and read the letter to him!

So no matter what you think about President Bush or politicians in general - I am so glad someone took the time to send this to Hattie! So fun!

4 comments:

The Houston Family said...

Very cool! I hope all is well with Morgan's mom.

Anonymous said...

Wow! How exciting for you, Manhattan. I am so proud of you. I love you, Grandma Laura xoxoxo
P.S. Did you send this to great-grandpa Deshayes???

Alissa said...

Awesome! I love how long hattie's hair is in the picture!

Jennifer said...

How exciting! Especially since Hattie will probably end up working in the White House someday, at the rate she's going.

You are such a phenomenal mother, Melissa. I mean it.