Sunday, October 05, 2008

Apples, Apples, and More Yummy Apples!!!!

We made our annual trip to MacQueens yesterday morning for some yummy apple cider donuts, apple cider, and fresh dutch apple pie! I have to admit that every year I buy a cherry donut as well and they are so yummy! The pies are so good and so fresh!!

Over the years SOOO many of our good friends have come with us. Every year that we go we miss those of you that have moved on - it kind of makes us homesick for our fabulous friends! We miss you guys - it is not the same without you! Every year we invite more families so hopefully the tradition continues!

The festival includes the fabulous apple foods as well as the other festival type foods. It also has crafts and rides for the kids. Marin went wild when she saw the horses and I do mean wild! She was screaming so much that people in line kept turning to see what was going on - it was pretty funny! Hattie used a treasured dollar to purchase a gem necklace! She gave up the inflatable ride for it!

If you are ever in Toledo the first weekend in October - we will be there - we will be the ones with the apple cider, lots of donuts, a pie, and two crazy-sugared up adults - oh yeah, we will probably have our kids too! Join us!!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Too bad we missed you! We got there a little late. Thank you for introducing it to us last year, we were looking forward to it for weeks and loved it again this year...although didn't try a cherry donut, the chocolate one was calling my name.

Janetta said...

We miss MacQueen's too!!! I always think about the great times we had there at that festival with your guys. Boo hoo. I can just taste that apple cider and those doughnuts. I want to return in the worst way and experience it all over! Thanks for your comments on our blog-love them!