Today my friend, Melissa & her friend, Tina and I went on the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk. It was pretty amazing I have to say. I was planning on taking Hattie but in the end she stayed home with Morgan. Next year she will come for sure - she was sad that she missed it when I came home and told her how fun it was and that there were free snacks!! It was only a 3.1 miles and it was packed with walkers. Very inspiring to see all the women survivors and their families that walked together. So many survivors but also so many in memory walkers. I pray it never touches our families more than it has with the loss of my grandma when I was 15. It was so inspiring and actually very uplifting!! So many times I heard "laughter will take us through it" - I guess that is where the "save the tatas" shirts come in - I am getting one for next year's walk - love them!!Thank you to all of you that donated!
No comments:
Post a Comment