TRIP FUN: Ok, so after we spent two weeks with Morgan's family, Morgan flew home to work and I took the girls up to Oregon. It was great to see my parents and my brothers and their families. BUT . . . . .
Back to the story - So we arrived on Wednesday night - my aunt and uncle picked us up at the airport. They had driven up with their 2 sweet pugs from Ventura, CA.
ALLERGY ATTACK: For those that don't know - Hattie is allergic to dogs so by Thursday night she was swollen and red (after a claritin am, benedryl at 10 am, Zyrtec at noon, and benedryl at 4 pm - she still could not breathe. So that night I hardly slept - listening to Hattie wheezing. Friday am we went to the hsopital and they put her on steroids, breathing treatments and said to stick with the allergy medicines we had been doing. Manhattan has never been to the ER so she was a little nervous - but the hospital staff was wonderful and so sweet to her. Ok - so we are over the drama right?
RAGING FEVER: So Saturday am all my brothers came out with their families - now we were at 9 kids - 12 adults - 3 dogs. Marin awoke with nasty cold and raging ( and I do mean raging - 102) fever. Everyone was so kind as to take turns holding her as all she wanted was to be held. We had fun taking walks - having an easter egg hunt and barbquing. I have to admit I was glad to see everyone go. I did get a couple pics of Marin with her cousin Kaylee who is the same age.
GENERAL CONFERENCE: I enjoyed the little bit of conference I got to see between the crying baby and wheezy preschooler (by this point she was improving as the dogs had gone home). My favorite talk of course was the talk on "Mothers" primarily because I over schedule and overdo myself with the image of what I should be doing!!
DRIVE TO KENNEWICK: Monday morning my Sister-in-law and I were to drive 6 hours with our 5 kids - Marin's fever had broke so she seemed ok. Of course, Jennifer and I woke up feeling awful. After a stop at Safeway for meds we made the drive and all the kids were wonderful. When we arrived in Kennewick - we spent the next two days with sick moms and sick kids (Marin's fever returned and Jen's kids got sick too). Needless to say we arrived back in Seaside, OR on Thursday afternoon to find two sick Grandparents in bed. We have spent the weekend hanging out - making bracelets and recovering from our sicknesses.
IT SPREADS: So to summarize - this little sickness that started at my in laws in Sacramento got spread to at least half of my family including my parents, Marin at least twice, two of my brother's families, etc. I think they will be glad when we leave this time. Marin still has a cold but the fever has been gone after a long four day of medicines.
SO that is WHERE all the pictures are - there aren't any - do you really want to see pictures of us laying around being sick!!! On the side note, the weather was beautiful some of the days - especially when we were really sick!!! :)
Hopefully our July visit with be much less exciting!
1 comment:
o man...
o man! poor ethingtons! i just read all of the updates. i wish your vacation had been better! the pictures you did take were great, though. i esp. love the one with marin & the pug. we've missed you out here!
Post a Comment