Friday, April 25, 2008

My Day Today!

I have been feeling kind of tired recently and not sleeping that well. I have been worn out on the playing pet shop and Little People. Today we played, baked, and went for a walk to the library and back and if I had been anywhere else I would have missed some fun
mome
nts that I miss so much!!
Manhattan was hiding from Marin and then coming out and roaring at her - Marin laughs insanely. They can it forever and my only role in the whole thing is to distract Marin with "where is Hattie" until Hattie gets ready to run after her. One of my favorite things recently to see the girls laughing with each other - such a sweet sound. I love this picture of Manhattan! This was actually after I tackled her when she was getting ready to come after Marin and I. The other one is her on her bed! She is growing up so fast.
Today as we were walking home from the library Manhattan told me, "Mom, I think I am growing out of the princess stage". WHAT is all I could think??? She went into detail telling me that she thinks she is moving into
the Hannah Montana stage. She doesn't have to get rid of her princess stuff since she will still play with it but she really likes the Hannah Montana stuff. Since we got home from our trip she has been all about Hannah Montana, being a rock star (do they call it that still?) and how she loves that Hannah Montana is on Saturdays since we don't have cable that is the only time she can see it! She is getting old fast and it makes me sad - I guess it is what happens with kids! I guess I have to get used to.
My dilemma with Marin has been to keep things out of her mouth - this shot I got of her after I said "no" don't eat that! Then I realized that it just didn't matter - she loves the beads that hang under Manhattan's bed. If the door is open she bee-lines to get there to eat them. After taking paper, a penny, a cardboard quarter, leaves, and grass out of her mouth in the last two days - what is a long string of beads to worry about. At least these are attached and she gets lots of enjoyment from them.
Marin is fascinated with the vacuum - she is not afraid of it - she actually follows me around while I am vacuuming and gets in the way. I left the vacuum on and ran to get something and I came back to find her in front of it staring intendly at the light. She loves the vacuum and the cord (which she eats of course).
So I thought I would just share some moments from my day! I get run down and then I have to look back and remember - it is the littlest stuff that I will miss when they are grown and old.

No comments: