Friday, March 07, 2008

Another thing broken!

So the camera broke - that's ok! We found one we liked and got that ordered and on the way to arrive today! Yeah!

This morning I was up early cleaning, doing laundry, feeling pretty good about myself for being so productive etc. About the time I got done with everything, hopped in and out of shower, I hear this horrible squeal from the basement - uh oh - the dryer. I head downstairs in the midst of a STRONG smoke smell. As I get close to the dryer I realize it is working just fine. I open it, smell it, nope! I then notice the smoke pouring out from under the washer. I turn it off and open it and smoke billows out! Great! As I unload all the wet (soaking wet) clothes and blankets out of the washer I hear Marin has woken from her nap! So I run upstairs and realize that the smoke is now coming through our heater vents. So the washer got unplugged, heat went off, windows open, and sweaters on!

As I sat down to research fixing or replacing the washing machine I figured out that the washer came with the house so it is probably 8 years old at least. The cost to fix it might be the cost of replacing it so the word is still out to whether it will be cheaper to just buy a new one. Of course, we happen to have a extra dryer in the basement but we have no need for a new dryer just a washer. Yes, I know why do we have an extra dryer? - too long of a story for now.

Looks like we are 2 things broken down and I am just waiting for the 3rd thing to hit us! As long as it is just an old appliance I am good to go! I have to say I haven't been stressed about it. I figure I will just go to the laundry mat until we figure it out. We are going out of town in 2 weeks so maybe we will just figure it out when we get home.

Oh well! I have to say I was thinking the excitement for the day would be the big snow predicted for today - which has not started by the way! I love weather predictions!! Happy day!

1 comment:

CANDACE said...

o man. when it rains it pours, huh? :(