

Today we went ice skating for the first time. We went ice skating at a local park that has a rink in it. It was a great little rink.
Morgan and I took turns skating with Hattie. I have to admit
Morgan did most of the teaching and I did most of the fun skating after Hattie learned how to do it. It was a lot of fun to watch Manhattan - she picked it up pretty well!
I forgot how much I enjoyed ice skating until I was on the ice again. I was relieved that I could still stay up, skate backwards, and even do a little spin. I did wipe out big time after one little spin!!
As you can see in our family photo - Manhattan and I were in skates and Morgan was holding Marin. Ice skating wasn't all that exciting for her but she was actually very happy in the cold. By the time we took this picture we were the only ones at the skating rink.

Hattie said:
Today I went ice skating. I had a great time. I fell on my bum a couple of times. I loved it. I want to go again. It was harder than it looked, the TV made it look so easy. I really liked it.

Morgan said:
It was a great day for skating - Not to cold and the sun was out for some of the time. Hattie really picked up on it pretty quick. We hope we can go again soon!
Marin said:

I am sure this is fun for someone but I think it is kinda cold. I am all
bundled up with this silly hat and warm clothes. I don't get to play
much except with my pink kitty and then she fell on the ground.
They tell me I will like this someday! I am not sure about that!
1 comment:
i love those big smiles!
Post a Comment